WE ARE LOOKING FOR A GROUP SPECIALIZED IN THE MINING AREA BASED IN GUINEA:
HSEQS SUPERVISOR H/F
Assure that the Company HSEQS Management Systems are implemented and permanently updated in the work centre. Integrate and promote the company HSEQS Management Systems at all hierarchical levels, including the obligation to include prevention as the first and main issue in any activity or decision, with the objective to realize zero accidents or incidents in the work centre.
Encourage observation of the Corporate and CE HSEQS Policies and the directives which derive from it, considering them in the corresponding Prevention Scheme:
– Prepare, propose, execute and follow up on the Annual HSEQS Prevention Plan with the Project Manager in coordination with the dimension of each area or Organisation, regarding resources and needs.
– Propose improvements regarding HSEQS in their areas of responsibility, applying best practices.
– Propose and control the HSEQS organization in their area of responsibility.
– Lead the OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 certification at work centre level and maintain it.
Assure compliance with HSEQS regulations and procedures at the work centre level:
– Inspect work stations to make sure that employees adhere to the Work Instructions, Permit to work Systems, Security, Environmental and Quality Procedures
– Inspect the facilities and equipment in their area to make sure that Risk Analysis are updated and that there are not unsafe conditions.
– Investigate every accident, incident (Environmental, Security & Quality complaint inclusive) and near miss that takes place at the work centre. Establish corrective measures in each case and follow up their implementation to completion.
– Call the Work centre HSEQS Committee Meetings (at least every three months), attend them, prepare the minutes and follow up on the assignments made.
– Assure that HSEQS training is given to Work centre employees. Propose, facilitate and promote training plans within the scope of the Work centre.
Represent the Company in different forums:
– When required, attend meetings, working groups and similar activities representing the company and supporting its positions, with Public or Private Institutions, Technical and Business Organizations, Service Suppliers and other organizations.
Reporting on OH&S issues:
– Prepare HSEQS reports according to the Company procedures.
– Keep files and records according to HSEQS company procedures.
– As soon as practicable inform both the executive line and the functional stream of accidents and significant incidents that might occur in the Subsidiary.
– Write an annual report or review of the development of HSEQS in the work centre.
HSEQS GENERIC ACCOUNTABILITIES AND AUTHORITIES
As the company employee, you are accountable for the following:
1. Identifying, understanding and addressing HSEQS hazards and risks
2. Demonstrating behaviour that is consistent with the company HSEQS Vision and Values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required behaviours, company policies, standards, procedures and legislation requirements;
3. Collaborating with others in pursuing HSEQS goals;
4. Seeking opportunities for learning to improve HSEQS performance.
5. Committing your best endeavours and full capability to the work assigned to you by your manager;
6. Advising your manager if you do not understand the work that he/she has assigned to you, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources;
7. Advising your manager of any situations or conditions that could create obstacles to, or opportunities for, the work of the managerial team or company;
8. Disclosing timely information to manager when accountability cannot be met within limits or can be met with less time or resources than planned.
-Strategic and business vision
-Commitment and integration the Company
-Control and activity follow up
-Orientation to change and cultural adaptation
-Internal and external client orientation
University Degree (Chemical, Industrial Engineering and other Sciences)
Diploma/Certificate in HSEQS Management and any other required by legal authorities in the country to work in this area
At least two years ‘experience in HSEQS in Industrial companies.
Investigation experience using Why Tree Analysis or Advance Investigation tool
Other skills (IT, other technical knowledge)
Knowledge of OH&S audit according to OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and SEMS
Knowledge of Computer tools and package (Ms Word, Excel, and Power Point etc.)
Fluent in English & French (written / spoken) and other languages are valued
Thank you to send your application including a CV and a letter of motivation to the address « firstname.lastname@example.org » by specifying the reference of the post REF_SHSE113_SCG at the latest on the 01/05/2019.